The WSRA Trustees met on Tuesday 11th May by remote conference call. Amongst the items discussed were:
- Minutes of the Previous meeting in April were approved and are available for members to view in the members section of this website.
- B&E Station Signs – the patterns are being stored by the foundry. WSRA is awaiting a response from the PLC to the formal request to erect the B&E signs at Dunster and Watchet.
- Triangle Running Rights – The old agreement has now been extended until the end of May to allow negotiations to be finalised for a new agreement. Trustees noted that The PLC had apologised for the delay and would be responding within the next couple of days.
- 4561 – Trustees noted continued progress and thanked Ryan Pope and his team. The next set of ‘phases’ in the restoration was agreed, subject to the bringing forward of proposed solutions for a replacement middle axle, including sourcing steel of the correct standard.
- Membership – It was reported that the introductory FREE working volunteer membership scheme was now up and running and that 7 applications had been received in the first 3 days.
- Grant Giving – Trustees considered a request for funding from the WSR PLC and agreed that there was a need for more information before a decision could be made.
- Trustees – Trustees noted a paper laying out their terms of office limitations and highlighting the need for succession action to safeguard the future of the Charity.