The WSRA Trustees met on Tuesday 13th July by remote conference call. Amongst the items discussed were:
- Minutes of the Previous meeting in June were approved and are available for members to view in the members section of this website.
- B&E Station Signs –The Patterns have now been transported to the foundry ready for casting to begin. Photos will be posted to social media as soon as possible.
- 4561 – Trustees noted that restoration was progressing well
- Working with the PLC – Trustees were disappointed to hear that the planned meeting between MS and Joy Boswell had not yet taken place. MS was asked to pursue this so that the WSRA has the information needed to best support the PLC.
- Quantock Belle
- Trustees have reached agreement with the PLC for the QB to run on a limited number of occasions in 2021 in order to fulfil existing commitments.
- Discussions are underway to agree further QB workings in 2021 including GALA and Christmas trains.
- Trustees agreed that the options for the long term future of the set must be put to the membership at the 2021 AGM. It was not acceptable to leave it stabled and not earning revenue for another year.
- AGM – Trustees confirmed 4th September as the AGM date. This is subject to regulation changes, venue availability and working with other WSR organisations. The AGM will be held in Crowcombe Village hall and there will be an online attendance option. Nominations for Trustee opened on 6th July 2021 and will close on 5th August 2021. Nomination forms are available to download from the members section of the website or by email request to email@example.com