The WSRA Trustees met on Tuesday 10th August at Bishops Lydeard. Amongst the items discussed were:
- Minutes of the Previous meeting in July and also the additional meeting to sign off the annual accounts were approved and are available for members to view in the members section of this website.
- B&E Station Signs – Trustees noted that some processes and costs were under review with the foundry. JP is also working with staff to prepare for the installation process.
- 4561 – Six new drain cocks have arrived and are being cleaned and machined by volunteers. Discussions are ongoing about the axle issue and possible solutions. The blog has been updated.
- Working with the PLC – MS reported that the PLC chairman had now vetoed the proposed financial discussions with Joy Boswell.
- General Manager’s report – Trustees confirmed that a legacy that did not meet the terms of the WSRA fundraising policy should be rejected.
- AGM – Trustees noted that Denise Parker and Shirley Turner had been duly nominated and seconded and were eligible to be elected by the members as Trustees. AGM papers were in the process of being printed and posted and should be with members by the 21st Members are encouraged to use the online system in the members section of the website to register their attendance and/or proxy vote. It is intended to allow for remote attendance at the meeting, but Trustees accepted that this was dependent on the broadband available at the hall. Members are also invited to visit the Swindon shed at Williton after the meeting and Ryan Pope will be on hand to discuss the progress on 4561 and answer members’ questions. Williton Station will be open as will the café.
- Rally – Trustees noted that for the second year in succession there was to be no Rally, due to the pandemic, and expressed their gratitude for all the hard work put in by the Rally Team in these difficult circumstances.